Thursday, July 24, 2014

Steps to Happy Life (1)

Being married certainly takes away any ‘me’ time, until I recently discovered some loopholes in this ‘formula’. Exercise and other (deemed) healthy habits are acceptable and taking some time off for ‘me’ time is ok. Also once given the green light, discreetly stretching the training hours is an art that I have mastered over the weeks since I started running.


It started off as an army mates meet up and get fit together session for the yearly IPPT, but as the story goes, I am left fending on my own and quickly got hooked up with a running group to keep my ‘fired’ up. Now, I am so addicted to this whole running craze. It used to be just running, now the group would plan races to take part together to keep one another in tuned with our running goals. We would discuss what to eat after each training 1-2 days in advance to keep each other psyched up.



It’s always difficult to train 3-6 months for a marathon, so small rewards such as the saliva-stimulating Thai Curry Crab that we can enjoy guilt-free or the Dua Telur (double-egg) Roti Prata that we may indulge in at the end of every run, keeps us sane.


So it was with great joy that I realised that our training ground along ECP has a new addition - Reflexsole, as the name suggest is a foot reflexology centre. This is currently the number one thing that motivates me to put on those shoes and is most appreciated at the end of every LSD (Long Slow Distance) run session.

The ‘moving’ goal of doing a new PB (personal best) or the need to impress my running buddies even as they seek greater heights in their running aspirations keeps me going. I just feel a sense of youthful exuberance whenever I am running. XX


Zhen Hui Pao :-)








To Do List


The Seafood International Market & Restaurant
Mooncakes for Family Carbo-Load
Online order @ estore.lobster.com.sg



06 / 09 / 2014
Participants to assemble by 7am
www.metta.org.sg/mettarun2014


YUM! World Hunger Relief Program Carnival 2014
27 / 09 / 2014 (7am - 1pm)


26 / 10 / 2014 (5.30am – 11am) 
www.newtonchallenge.com







Reminder / Notes

Updog
•  Hatha Foundation Course:
    4 Weeks Hatha Yoga Beginner Course

    17, 24, 31 Aug & 7 Sep (11.45am–1.15pm)


Cotton

•  The Early Birdy Promotion:
    1 for 1 Draft Beers, house pour wines and spirits. 
    Available only from 5-9pm Daily.


The Coast Bistro & Bar

•  Get Even With Carlsberg:
    Carlsberg Tower+Chunky Chicken+Mighty Fries 
    at $88 nett on Tue/Thu/Sat only. 
    Not valid on PH & eve.

•  Wine Appreciation Night:
    One for One for Red & White house pours by the glass 
    on Mon & We after 8pm. Not valid on PH & eve.

 Odds Are In Favour with Kronenbourg:
   Beer Tower + Coast Wings + Mighty Fries at $98 nett. 
   On Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun only. Not valid on PH & eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment